Javelin PDF Reader - Downloads
To download the free Javelin PDF reader simply click on the link provided below for your computer type. The Windows version is provided as an installation program - run this by double-clicking the file, ignore any warning messages, and follow the on-screen instructions. When finished Javelin will be available ready for use, and a link to Javelin will be added to your Desktop for future use. By default Javelin for Windows is placed in the directory c:\program files\javelin
Having downloaded the Javelin reader, simply run Javelin and select the File menu, Open option, to open and read a standard PDF file or a secured PDF file (a DRMZ or DRMX file). DRMZ and DRMX files will prompt you for an authorization code - copy the code you have been sent by email and paste it into the field. Press OK and wait for this to be checked over the internet. The file will then be displayed. You only need to do this the first time you access the file.
All our software products have been checked to ensure they are virus free. Norton Antivirus users - if your antivirus software will not accept a download from us or deletes it/places it in quarantine, we are certain that this is a false positive. Please report this to Symantec as an error. To resolve this please either turn off the offending behaviour in Norton's software (Insight and/or SONAR) or recover the quarantined file from within Norton Antivirus, or use another antivirus product like AVG!
Javelin for Microsoft Windows
- Javelin for Windows - English - setup file - download and run javelinsetup.exe
- Javelin for Windows - Francais/French - setup file - download and run javelinfrenchsetup.exe
- Javelin for Windows - Arabic - setup file - download and run javelinarabicsetup.exe
Javelin for Mac OSX (OSX 10.6 or later)
- Javelin for Mac OSX (10.6 - Snow Leopard - dmg file (download, double-click to open and enable). NOTE: Javelin v1.01 for Mac OSX
- Javelin for Mac OSX (10.7 and 10.8 - Lion and Mountain Lion editions) - dmg file (download, double-click to open and enable). NOTE: Users of OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later may get annoying messages from Apple when trying to use Javelin - please see this articlewhich explains why this occurs and how to deal with it or turn it off permenantly
Javelin for Mobile devices - iPAD and Android
- Javelin for Android (Android V4.1 or higher preferred) - this link is for the .apk file (see below for installation details). Javelin for Android is now available as a free app from the Google Play App Store
- Javelin for Apple iPAD - Now available as a free app from the iTunes App Store - in the iPAD use the App Store facility and search for "Javelin reader" and download
Javelin for Android installation - apk file
(1) download the javelin.apk.zip file and extract the javelin.apk file to your PC or Mac disk; (2) attach your Android device to your desktop computer and copy the javelin.apk file to your Android device - e.g. to the folder called Android; (3) use a file manager (e.g. My Files, or ES File Manager) to access the javelin.apk - touch the .apk file to install it. If asked don't get Google to check it (until the app is available on Google Play). To update this file simply replace it (i.e. reinstall, do not uninstall the previous version first as this will result in important reference information being lost).
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you wish to use Javelin on a PC or Mac connected to a large corporate network pleasecontact usbefore ordering to check whether the corporate network will permit this. A simple way of checking is to download Javelin from the appropriate link below and then use thetestfonts.drmz or testfonts.zipsample file with the free authorization code: 123456789 to see if this procedure is OK (please make sure you opt to SAVE the .drmz file to a permanent location, not a temp file or OPEN WITH..) - if not, please contact us for further assistance