The Javelin reader (Windows edition) can be "branded" thereby enabling a publisher to incorporate their own logo, company name and company web address, plus a start-up embedded PDF, into the distributed files. The title bar and About... form are modified to reflect this branding information. Other modifications are also possible, include default language operation and page mode. The branding option can be ordered via theStorepage
Javelin for Mac and Javelin for iPAD can only be modified by creating a customer-specific version which requires programming changes. Such modifications and application development work is quoted for on a customer-by-customer basis.
Tailoring Drumlin Reader/Publisher
The main Drumlin reader/publisher client can be tailored and/or different implementations of the standard service provided
Language files: The menus, dialog and messages used in the software are all external to the program and are read from .xml files in the \languages subdirectory. These files may be edited if required in order to create a tailored version of the contents and/or to add a language not currently available. The settings.cfg file (see below) must include the list of available language names in order for these to be selectable
Settings.cfg file: The settings.cfg file (a text file that can be edited) is found in the C:\DocumentsandSettings\<username>\Application Data\DrumlinSecurity\Drumlin directory and can be amended as follows:
This file includes a number of settings that control how the Drumlin program operates. Amongst these settings are the following flags (0/1 setting):
- "MustRegister" hides "Authorize document" and "Publish document" menuitems, but only if the user is not already registered. Once registered these flags have no affect on the display
- "ShowDownload" hides the "download" menuitem. If enabled the File menu includes an extra item, Download... When selected the Download option is selected the software contacts the server to see if there are any centrally stored documents available for download to this registered user. Note that this facility requires the use of an additional program, the Drumlin Adminstrator, which provides facilities for Uploading documents to the server and for enabling specific users to download selected documents. Downloaded documents are saved as .DRM files and are immediately readable
- "ShowOptions" hides/enables "Options" menu. This is purely provided for screen display quality optimization - the preset choices should be the optimum for most modern computers so the menu item is generally not required
- "ShowRegCode" hides/enables "Reg code" edit box in registration form. Only relevant for first registrations if registration IDs have been provided in advance of users installing Drumlin. If pre-set to show the Reg Code box, the user simply enters this code in the box shown and the system assigns them this ID. If Download is also enabled then one or more centrally stored documents can be made immediately available for download to all newly registering users
- "ShowWelcome" hides/enables the display of the Welcome file when the software is first run. Note that for corporate clients a bespoke Welcome can be included in specially generated installation kits
- "DontOpenLastDoc" prevents Drumlin from displaying the last file you looked at if set to Yes
There are also several other settings, some of which are updated by the program (e.g. preferred windowsize on startup, preferred source directory for documents to be published, and preferred destination directory for authorized documents). There are also several URLs which the program uses when looking up where documents are published (i.e. the server that hosts the DRM data and optionally uploaded files) and where online help is to be found.
The registration form can be tailored to make certain fields mandatory. To implement this facility a "RegFields" entry must be added to the settings.cfg file, e.g.:
The number shown is a bitmask with following values:
ADDRESS1_F = 1; ADDRESS2_F = 2; ADDRESS3_F = 4; POSTCODE_F = 8; TOWN_F = 16; REGION_F = 32; COUNTRY_F = 64; ORGANISATION_F = 128; TEL_F = 256; FAX_F = 512; MOBILE_F = 1024; EMAIL2_F = 2048; WEB_F = 4096;
So, if you, for example, want to select Address1,Town and Country, your number will be: 1 + 16 + 64 = 81
Background bitmap: corporate specific background logos/text can be provided on request - an image file (e.g. a tif file) is required and a modified version of the background.bin file included in the Drumlin reader directory in then generated and can be included in bespoke kits.