Teaching and Training course materials are highly valuable assets: documents including course notes, exercises, Powerpoint presentations, educational books and technical manuals need protecting. It is important they cannot be copied, plagiarised or fall into the wrong hands. We can deal with this requirement in an extremely simple and cost-effective manner. Training and educational publishing organizations represent over 50% of our clients, so we are well versed in the special needs of such organizations. Our clients cover a wide range of commercial sectors: Aircraft Maintenance, Vehicle maintenance, Flight training, Pipeline engineering, IT training, School and College textbooks, Teachers' course materials, Summer Camps, Medical specialisms, Marine and Boating, Financial services, TV engineering, Language courses... and many many more.
Our offline solutions involve protecting your PDFs by converting them to our highly secure encrypted format. This only takes a second or two and can be carried out by yourselves or by us on your behalf using our free Drumlin Publisher software. This makes sure the files are protected against copying, printing, use beyond specified dates, forwarding to others etc. Our online (web-based) PDF security solutions, are ideal for a range of organizations who want end users to be able to access the material from any modern web browser. A range of ePUB solutions can also be provided - see our ePUB page for more details.
Sell and distribute books for instant display on desktop, laptop, tablet or phone devices
Provide secured training and procedures manuals to engineering and operations staff
Deliver courseware PDFs and converted Powerpoint presentations, offline or online
Different types and sizes of training organizations and educational establishments have very different requirements - in terms of student numbers, geographical spread, technology, expectations and budgets - we have a range of simple an effective solutions based on our standard software and associated services that ensure the entire process is quick and effective, with minimal end user or service hosting issues. We also can provide e-commerce services where materials are sold rather than distributed to course attendees.
To view the secured PDF files offline on a PC, Mac, iPAD, iPhone or Android device the students or course attendees use our free Javelin PDF Readers. Access to the secured PDFs requires input of an authorization code, which is checked on our Digital Rights Management (DRM) server. This prevents copying or onward distribution of your PDFs or re-use of the code provided by third parties. As noted above, we also offer online services, securing PDFs that can then be accessed via a web browser, with or without user login controls.
- PDF files can be created from Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Powerpoint presentations (e.g. as slides or handout format) and many other formats, and these may then be secured using the standard DrumlinPublisher facilities for offline usage, or our automated PDF2HTML5 website for online usage
- Students can be supplied with a set of files for offline usage on CD, USB stick or via Web download or using a course or learning management system (CMS/LMS) such as Moodle
- Usage restrictions may be applied to the offline files - no printing, or perhaps "print once with user-specific watermarking", no copying of text etc., expires at the end of the semester etc. For online files no copying, printing or downloading are the standard settings
- For offline usage end users are issued with authorization codes, one for each document, so their access to the files and their usage can be tracked centrally. Secure printing for offline files can be enabled (i.e. no printing to identified non-physical devices).
- Course lecturers can use the Full screen mode on the Javelin PDF readers (Windows and Mac versions) for presentations, using a mouse or a remote controller for a digital projector
- Training rooms and/or specific devices (e.g. tablets) can be set up with files pre-loaded, ready for use
- Reports on usage can be generated, tailored to customer's requirements, via our DRM service.
- Web Hosted PDFs for teaching and training requirements, i.e. courseware can be provided for clients not wishing to have a large number of separate files distributed to many students or clients, in schools, colleges or for corporate usage - access control systems can ensure only those files that are appropriate for a student/course are displayed
- ePUB format files can be produced with embedded media and interactive content - see our ePUB page for more details.
For more details please email us with your requirements